Shaw launches affordable, enterprise-grade networking solution to keep businesses connected
Shaw Business’ SD-WAN makes it simple and affordable for organizations to connect their locations together without sacrificing reliability, speed and security
October 01, 2018
CALGARY, October 1, 2018 – Shaw Communications Inc. today announced the launch of
a next-generation networking solution that gives businesses of all sizes the ability to share business data and critical applications between head offices and their branch locations at up to half the cost of traditional networking solutions.
By leveraging the advantages of Shaw’s widely available broadband network, Shaw Business’ Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) service is expected to remove the headaches and costs associated with IT and the cumbersome Multi-Protocol Label Switch (MPLS) hardware typically required to keep head office and branch offices connected.
As a result, Shaw Business is able to offer growing companies the ability to connect all their offices together with an efficient and fully managed cloud-based offering, without sacrificing reliability, speed and security.
“In today’s bandwidth-hungry world, business owners need affordable and next-generation solutions from a provider that understands the challenges of growing a business,” said Katherine Emberly, President, Business, Brand and Communications, Shaw Communications. “Shaw Business understands that organizations of all sizes deserve a robust, scalable and secure enterprise-grade networking solution to keep their head office and branch offices connected.”
Features of Shaw Business’ SD-WAN include:
- Intelligent Path Control – Application policies dynamically re-route traffic in real time, which means there is no need for businesses to oversubscribe to costly standby circuits.
- Application Optimization – Critical traffic, such as real-time applications and VoIP, are prioritized across the network, which reduces packet loss, latency and the risk of dropped calls.
- Branch Office Access – Intuitive and scalable VPN that is easy to deploy while managing multisite settings through a single, centralized dashboard.
- Seamless Failover – Allows customers to seamlessly re-route important data through other network links in the event of an outage, including LTE as a diverse failover option, which can significantly reduce costly downtime.
- Scalability – Allows businesses to easily add new offices and workspaces to the network and update applications in real time from one central location.
- Secure Connectivity and Network Protection – Enables IT policies to be set up throughout the network to provide enhanced security regardless of broadband or LTE network connection.
- Co-Management – Businesses have the option to manage the setup themselves or rely on Shaw Business to manage it for them.
Powered in partnership with Cisco Meraki, SD-WAN sites are connected by internet links secured by Shaw Business’ powerful SmartSecurity service. SmartSecurity gives customers cutting-edge network protection and cloud-based security policy updates so that businesses are protected from the latest vulnerabilities and network threats.
SD-WAN is now available for businesses with multiple sites starting at $145 on a three-year contract.
The launch of SD-WAN follows the introduction of Shaw’s new SIP Trunking offering, which provides a unified platform with SmartVoice for next-generation voice services. Available today, SIP Trunking is a cost-effective, reliable and secure business voice solution.
For more information on SD-WAN, please visit https://business.shaw.ca/network/sd-wan.
Shaw Communications Inc. is a leading Canadian connectivity company. The Wireline division consists of Consumer and Business services. Consumer serves residential customers with broadband Internet, Shaw Go WiFi, video and digital phone. Business provides business customers with Internet, data, WiFi, digital phone and video services. The Wireless division provides wireless voice and LTE-Advanced data services through an expanding and improving mobile wireless network infrastructure.
Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX - SJR.B, SJR.PR.A, SJR.PR.B, NYSE - SJR, and TSXV - SJR.A). For more information, please visit www.shaw.ca
Caution Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements included in this news release that are not historic constitute forward looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Such statements include, but are not limited to: statements related to the reliability, functionality and performance of Shaw's products and services and statements related to reduced costs associated such products and services. These statements are based on assumptions made by Shaw that it believes are appropriate and reasonable in the circumstances. There is the risk that one or more of these assumptions will not prove to be accurate. Undue reliance should not be placed on any forward-looking statement. Except as required by law, Shaw disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statement.